Re: [gnome-flashback] Difficulty with Ubuntu 18.04 and gnome-flashback

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 2:02 AM Arthur H. Edwards via gnome-flashback-list <gnome-flashback-list gnome org> wrote:
I have been using fnome-flashback for many years, without difficulty. With 18.04, I ave been able to install gnome-flashback, but, after a few logins, my environment becomes unuseable. It seems to revert to a version of gnome 3, but after I lock the screen, I can't get back in. The

What do you think with revert to GNOME 3?

screen blinks 'autnentication error' without any input. The Ubuntu desktop still works. I have tried:

1. Doing fresh installs
2. Reinstalling 16.04
3. creating a new user that requests gnome-flashback upfront (18.04)

1. Fresh installs work for awhile, but it seems after some system upgrades, flashback goes away, and I'm left with Ubuntu or nothing

Some upgrades? Can you identify what is upgraded?

2. This is really interesting. When I re-install, but use the same home directory I used for 18.04, I get the 18.04 screen background. This makes me think that there are some settings that reside in the home directory, and that these may be relevant to the problem with gnome-flasback
3. New user on 18.04 leads to the same seemingly incomplete environment.

Please be more specific. What exactly is incomplete?

I'm running on an AMD desktop with an FX-8350 cpu with 32 GB or memory.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Art Edwards

--
  Arthur H. Edwards