Re: [gnome-flashback] GTK+/Compiz/CSS Issues (Ubuntu 16.04)

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Khurshid Alam <khurshid alam linuxmail org> wrote:

The only problem remains is the black-corner which could probably arises from GTK_FRAME_EXTENT or from the fix of this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+3.0/+bug/1515561.

Might be problem with theme and/or problem with ubuntu patched GTK+ version. Black corners are on csd windows or ssd windows? or both?

No. Only csd.

Is it reproducible with all themes?

Yes and no. Without this patch csd windows looks like they are running without compositor, but with patch shadow area is treated as part of window. Problem is that compiz does not support _GTK_FRAME_EXTENTS so this patch will not be merged.

So Do you have any future plan to work on this?

On _GTK_FRAME_EXTENTS? No. Probably last work I am doing on compiz is to update gtk-window-decorator for metacity changes. If everyting will go as I am planing then gtk-window-decorator will have following changes:
- it will work with metacity 3.20+ only
- it will be able to use cairo theme (builtin), metacity theme (metacity-theme-x.xml) and GTK+ theme for window decorations
- It might got support for dark theme variant.