Re: [gnome-flashback] Improving documentation

Hi,

I have merged my patches into master yesterday evening. The update covers all chapters of the documentation and contains some fixes for the API documentation itself. In particular I would like to mention the following points:

 * DBusAppletsMigration guide has been merged and updated for API 5.0
* The section about installation and Panel Applet files has been improved and now also contains examples for the Autotools files (configure.ac and Makefile.am). * The concepts section hopefully explains better the concepts of applet types and factory ids and their relationship to panel applet files.

Also Alberts and I have been cleaning up the documentation build system, so it is less cluttered with files and easier to maintain.

We were also able to reactivate the panel-applet module on developer.gnome.org [1], so since today you can find the documentation from the last release 3.17.2, the patches from yesterday are not included yet and will appear there, after Alberts has made the next release.

I would like to repeat my call for help, so if anyone has time to proof read my changes and wants to suggest improvements for point out errors he or she is welcome to do so.

There are also still two points I want to improve:

* 1. I want to add some guide for using Gtk Inspector with Gnome Panel (in particular to explain that one needs to use Ctrl+Alt+Tab to focus the panel before one can press Ctrl+Shift+i to open Gtk Inspector). * 2. Maybe write some more about the GSettings API and that the gconf related functions have been removed.

Cheers
Sebastian

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/panel-applet/