Re: [gnome-flashback] Listing releases on the home page

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Alberts Muktupāvels
<alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 gmail com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that recent releases (3.16.0, 3.16.1) haven't been listed on
>> the home page.
>> https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeFlashback
>>
>> I volunteer to update it.

I'll do so this evening.

> You don't need to ask. :)

:)
I figured I'd discuss these details 1st.

>> I believe I should write titles like "GNOME Flashback 3.16.1 released
>> on 2015-04-15" and provide download links to each package. (In
>> addition to a brief description or the release.)
>
> Do we really need to list all releases there? You can do it if you want. :)

I think I should because it shows that the project is active.

Ok. :)

> I think that info about 3.8 release should be removed.

I think the info about 3.8 should be kept because RHEL 7.0, 7.1 & kin
are all using GNOME 3.8. So those users may want to compile it from
source

Have you tried to build GNOME Flashback 3.8? gnome-world-3.8.modules does not exist anymore, 3.8 does not have any fixes available in newer versions. I would not suggest anyone to build 3.8. That is way I suggested to remove it.

RHEL 7.2 & kin will have GNOME upgraded to 3.14. At that point, I
think I should create a page like "older releases."

> Also link for bug
> reporting should be updated. It links to gnome-panel component, but it is
> not available (I removed it). Bugs about session should be reported in
> gnome-flashback module. It would be nice if you update this info. :)

Will do.

Again thanks!

> Thanks!
>
> --