Re: [gnome-flashback] Using CLion IDE with gnome-panel

addition at bottom :-

On 6/17/15, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75 gmail com> wrote:
at bottom :-

On 6/3/15, Sebastian Geiger (Lanoxx) <lanoxx gmx net> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I don't know what IDEs people on this mailing list are using (Anjuta?
Gedit? Geany? Gnome-Builder? Vim? KDevelop?) or if anybody except
Alberts is even looking at the flashback source on a regular basis.

I just wanted to share my experience, maybe some of you find it helpful.

Personally I use CLion [1] since a while and I am very happy with it.
Mainly because it is able to import the project as a whole and it
supports auto-complete and I can quickly navigate from a functions use
to its definition. Those are two features that are not available on most
other IDEs that I have tried so far. And in my oppinion CLion currently
has the best autocomplete feature that is currently available for C/C++
IDEs, so this is the main reason for me to use it.

The problem is that CLion requires a CMake based build system in order
to import a project. So if anyone besides me is interested to use CLion
to hack on flashback **I am sharing my CMakeLists.txt for gnome-panel**.
I plan to create another one for metacity, gnome-applets and
gnome-flashback eventually. Note that its not a replacement for the
automake build system, it is just barely enough to import gnome-panel
into CLion and have it parse all the symbols so that autocomplete is
available. Just drop it into the gnome-panel root and open it with CLion.

Note however, that the IDE is proprietary. There are free licences
available for opensource projects, so I guess we could get one if we
asked nicely. If you are a student you can also get a free licence.

I guess in the long run Gnome-Builder might be a good open source
replacement for CLion but at least right now its autocomplete feature is
only experimental and seems to crash alot.

[1] http://www.jetbrains.com/clion/

Hi all,
@Sebastian I am running Debian-testing. There doesn't seem to be
gnome-builder in Debian. Can you provide a link to the same ?

<snipped>

cancel that, just saw

http://fedoramagazine.org/builder-a-new-ide-specifically-for-gnome-app-developers/

and