Re: [gnome-flashback] Future of the system tray

Hi Alberts,

From specification: "Example use cases will include: Mixer volume control,
Battery indicator, Instant messenger on-line status, Generic application
information and actions, like a media player controls."

Does anyone knows any application that is doing anything from above using
this specification? I would like to see how it is done.

Calibre does it (see src/calibre/gui2/dbus_export/tray.py).

Also any Qt 5.4 application which uses QSystemTrayIcon (i.e. the
systray example) will use SNI when run with frameworkintegration
library from KDE Frameworks. In Qt 5.5 there will be built-in
implementation, without need to use frameworkintegration.

Unfortunately I don't know any other examples...