Re: [gnome-flashback] Low contrast in gnome-panel

Hi Alberts,

With gnome-panel 3.16 and Adwaita theme, the standard applets are lacking
contrast: the text is gray on light-gray (with light theme) or gray on
dark-gray (with dark theme).

This happens with all standard applets (like menu, clock and window list)
but not with i.e. netspeed. A screenshot is attached.

That is because out-process applets does not use / does not see theme from
gnome-panel.

Menu, clock and user applets are in-process, aren't they? And netspeed
is out-of-process, but displays correctly.

Am I the only one getting this? Is this expected?

Yes and yes.

Sebastian confirmed the issue, so I would say "no and yes" :-)

But sooner or later there will be changes to gnome-panel and applets styling
in code and it will require updating themes too.

As tmp fix maybe libpanel-applet library should include same Adwaita.css and
HighContrast.css that are included/loaded by gnome-panel? That might/should
fix netspeed problem.

As I said, there is no problem with netspeed. The problem is with
built-in applets.

Maybe I'm not understanding something?