Re: [gnome-flashback] Trouble starting GNOME Flashback on TigerVNC on Fedora 22

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 6:55 PM, Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 gmail com> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Alberts Muktupāvels
<alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 6:28 PM, Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 gmail com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yaakov Selkowitz and I are working on packaging GNOME Flashback for
>> Fedora.
>>
>> Some of the packages are released as updates. Some are under updates
>> in testing. The rest are in this copr repo:
>> https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/yselkowitz/gnome-flashback/
>>
>> Right now, on Fedora 22 with that copr repo, both GNOME and GNOME
>> Flashback (Metacity) launch fine from GDM. And with TigerVNC, which
>> does support GLX and Composite, I can launch a GNOME session fine.
>>
>> However, I cannot launch a GNOME Flashback (Metacity) session with
>> TigerVNC.
>

> I dont use and/or test GNOME Flashabck with vnc.

Ack.

>> The problem appears to be that metacity & gnome-settings-daemon start
>> and stay running, but gnome-flashback and gnome-panel do not. So when
>> I connect with TigerVNC client, all I see is the grey background.
>>
>> I've attached the journal output (journalctl --user) and the list of
>> running processes. I also attached the list of installed packages and
>> their versions.
>>
>> I am assuming that you need more output, since the journal does not
>> appear to contain any relevant output. Let me know what you need.
>

> Maybe add --debug to gnome-session?:
> gnome-session --session=gnome-flashback-metacity --debug

[...]

See attachment.

This time, I outputted the journal after I ended the VNC server
(vncserver -kill :1).

"Jul 19 11:50:16 fedora-22-3 gnome-session[2641]: DEBUG(+): GsmManager:        ID: /org/gnome/SessionManager/App3        app-id:gnome-panel.desktop        is-disabled:1        is-conditionally-disabled:0"

Do you have set XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP?