Re: [gnome-flashback] Suppor for hiding maximized window titlebar in Metacity and gnome-applets::WindowPicker

On 13/12/15 22:14, Eugene San wrote:
Hi,

It would be nice to have an option for hiding titlebars of maximized windows, which is very useful on small screens.

The idea is to hide titlebar in Metacity, I've ported corresponding patch from 2.x series (attached). To control this functionality, I propose adding "Show titlebar of maximized windows" option to WindowsPicker preferences and toggle introduced in patch "org.gnome.metacity->show-maximized-titlebars".

Since I am not familiar with WindowPicker code it would be nice if someone could do that or at least instruct me.
The window picker code is not too complicated, I recommend you take a look at gnome-applets/windowpicker/src/wp-preferences-dialog. <https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-applets/tree/windowpicker/src/wp-preferences-dialog.c>*.

I imagine something like this is needed:

1. Add a checkbox to the ui file
2. Add a property and callback to the .c file
3. In the C file create GSettings object to the respective key and then set it to true

I don't have the time to do that currently, but it should not be too complicated.

Regards