Re: [gnome-flashback] Status of gnome-screensaver and polkit-gnome

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 8:46 PM, Alberts Muktupāvels <alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 8:31 PM, Balló György <ballogyor gmail com> wrote:
Note that polkit-gnome is still used by Cinnamon and Xfce on Arch Linux[2] and Fedora[3]. Debian also has a downstream autostart file.[4] There is also a request for MATE to use polkit-gnome instead of their fork[5]. So forking polkit-gnome is not the best solution I think.

I am already working on libpolkit part in gnome-flashback. If someone will start to maintain that module then we can always switch back to it. Right now I am only interested to get it working in gnome-flashback.

I have added it to gnome-flashback (already in master). Please test and report any bugs you find - it is not copy&paste. I have made big changes to code...

Also is there any polkit-gnome patch that should be applied?