Re: [gnome-flashback] nautilus-classic in required components?

On Sat, 2015-08-22 at 17:00 +0300, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:
> No. nautilus-classic is just extra .desktop file installed by
> nautilus. Adding it to required components will make sure nautilus is
> started with session. It will make sure that you have desktop window
> with icons. Right now if using pure upstream GNOME Flashback then by
> default there is no desktop window.

nautilus already includes an XDG autostart entry with
AutostartCondition of "GSettings org.gnome.desktop.background show
-desktop-icons".  Is that insufficient?

It's disabled by default, so it's insufficient if we want to provide a complete traditional desktop out of the box. GNOME Classic already do this[1], I think we should too.

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-shell-extensions/tree/data/gnome-classic.session.desktop.in.in

--
György Balló
Arch Linux Trusted User