Re: [gnome-flashback] nautilus-classic in required components?

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Erick Brunzell <lbsolost yahoo com> wrote:
On 08/22/2015 08:21 AM, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:
Hi,

should we add nautilus-classic to RequiredComponents?

I had never even heard of nuatilus-classic. Is this an entire file manager? Or just a classic settings layer to work on top of nautilus?

No. nautilus-classic is just extra .desktop file installed by nautilus. Adding it to required components will make sure nautilus is started with session. It will make sure that you have desktop window with icons. Right now if using pure upstream GNOME Flashback then by default there is no desktop window.

I can't say that I'm either in favor of, or opposed to the concept regardless of the answer. But my primary concern is keeping the flashback session as light as possible for use in Edubuntu.

I doubt the Edubuntu devs would want a duplicate file manager installed along with the flashback session, but I'm sure these things can be sussed out downstream in the Ubuntu repos by tweaking depends and/or recommends.

Lance