Re: [gnome-flashback] Gnome FB Meta on F22 fails to start locally

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 9:32 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowi redhat com> wrote:
On Sun, 2015-08-09 at 15:44 -0400, Michael DePaulo wrote:
> As previously mentioned, Yaakov Selkowitz and I are working on
> packaging GNOME Flashback for Fedora.
> https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/yselkowitz/gnome-flashback/
>
> http://pastebin.com/AKA2YuDu
>
> Anyway, I installed Fedora 22 (GNOME 3.16) on my laptop and GNOME
> Flashback Metacity 3.16.x is failing to start locally via GDM.
> Surprisingly, it successfully starts remotely via TigerVNC on the
> laptop and on an Amazon EC2 instance. I can also start regular GNOME,
> or GNOME Classic, on the laptop locally.

I had the same issue on a Lenovo Thinkpad T540p.  gnome-flashback
crashes in flashback_monitor_manager_read_current_config(), and I was
able to work around it by setting the org.gnome.gnome-flashback display
-config key to false (at the price of losing the Display control panel
functionality).

As for a proper fix, please let me know if you need any further
information to help diagnose the issue.

gdb output? And if you can please test with git master - there was changes in display code.