Re: [gnome-flashback] Gnome FB Meta on F22 fails to start locally

On Sun, 2015-08-09 at 15:44 -0400, Michael DePaulo wrote:
As previously mentioned, Yaakov Selkowitz and I are working on
packaging GNOME Flashback for Fedora.
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/yselkowitz/gnome-flashback/

http://pastebin.com/AKA2YuDu

Anyway, I installed Fedora 22 (GNOME 3.16) on my laptop and GNOME
Flashback Metacity 3.16.x is failing to start locally via GDM.
Surprisingly, it successfully starts remotely via TigerVNC on the
laptop and on an Amazon EC2 instance. I can also start regular GNOME,
or GNOME Classic, on the laptop locally.

I had the same issue on a Lenovo Thinkpad T540p.  gnome-flashback
crashes in flashback_monitor_manager_read_current_config(), and I was
able to work around it by setting the org.gnome.gnome-flashback display
-config key to false (at the price of losing the Display control panel
functionality).

As for a proper fix, please let me know if you need any further
information to help diagnose the issue.

--
Yaakov Selkowitz
Associate Software Engineer, ARM