Re: [gnome-flashback] GNOME Applets

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Alberts Muktupāvels
<alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:
I don't like idea about gnome-applets have higher version then gnome-panel,
but probably I could make 3.9.0 release. But only after porting invest
applet.

Did you test applets?

I tested commit 8ed2a06cba1e7cae6988bc18f697952836641efe very brefly,
seems to work fine.

2) Invest Applet still uses Python 2, I would like to port it to
Python 3 as per
https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Initiatives/GnomeGoals/Python3Porting.

- The first portion of changes (which is just a preparation) attached,
can you review/test it? It will still work with Python 2.7 (and maybe
2.6), but not with older versions.
- Do you think we need to support both 2 and 3, or just 3 will be
enough? (supporting just Python 3 is much easier, of course).

- I don't know much about python! :( Did not test yet, but changes looks
good to me. Will test later!
- No. First Python 3 release was made in 2008-12-3. So just 3 will be
enough.

I have now ported it to Python 3 locally. There are two issues I did
not yet resolve, reported by PyFlakes:

./widgets.py:215: undefined name 'get_quotes_updater'
 I don't see where get_quotes_updater is defined in the code...

./chart.py:123: local variable 'symbolentry' is assigned to but never used
 This is not an error, but indicates that the code may be working wrong.

I will publish the patches to bugzilla when I resolve the first issue
and test it a bit more.