Re: [gnome-flashback] GNOME Flashback

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75 gmail com> wrote:
at bottom :-

On 9/23/14, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 ubuntu com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75 gmail com>
> wrote:
>> While I was able to install both the debs, in Debian don't we call it
>> gnome-session-flashback.
>
> gnome-session-flashback is (for now) built from gnome-panel source, because
>
> (1) it is better translated;
> (2) we don't want compiz session (in gnome-panel it is not installed
> by default);
> (3) we want to use gnome-wm script (in gnome-panel Metacity is not
> hardcoded).
>
> Of course, once the session files are dropped from gnome-panel, I will
> build them from gnome-flashback source.

Hi Dmitry,
Correct me if my understanding is incorrect. Are you saying the
session files will be dropped from gnome-panel (either for GNOME 3.14
or GNOME 3.16) ? If that is going to the scenario then your name
change makes sense.

Currently there is no sign that there could be any release for GNOME Panel. Look at git history - almost only translation updates...

Session files was added to gnome-panel because we needed them somewhere. Now when we have gnome-flashback I think it is better place for those files.

It is not name change - it is new module/package.