Re: [gnome-flashback] GNOME Flashback

4) GNOME Panel looks terrible at least with GNOME 3.14. This is because default theme has removed all styling that was used by GNOME Panel. This is problem only for those who are using default theme.

Poor style exists for some applets since 3.6. For example, With Ambiance, I want clock-applet to have dark background (similar to Ubuntu's indicator-datetime)...but how to do that? (bug: http://is.gd/eLoYFA). Peeking at gnome-panel.css of other themes doesn't really help as as Ambiance comes with very specific border radius & shadow. Hence even if I change the color, it  doesn't achieve the same polished effect.

I wont have time to fully style it at least now. You can add following to /usr/share/themes/Ambiance/gtk-3.0/apps/gnome-panel.css:

CalendarWindow GtkCalendar,
CalendarWindow GtkCalendar.button,
CalendarWindow GtkCalendar.header,
CalendarWindow GtkCalendar.view {
    background-color: @dark_bg_color;
    background-image: none;
    border-radius: 0;
    border-style: solid;
    border-width: 0;
    padding: 0;

    color: @dark_fg_color;
}

CalendarWindow GtkCalendar.button:hover {
    background: transparent;
}

CalendarWindow GtkCalendar {
    background-color: shade (@dark_bg_color, 1.3);
    background-image: none;
}

CalendarWindow GtkCalendar:inconsistent {
    color: shade (@bg_color, 0.6);
}

You will get something like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/075kd5i5x0no3y4/Screenshot%20from%202014-09-20%2021%3A13%3A52.png?dl=0