Re: [gnome-flashback] Header bars fallback menus in Flashback

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:08 PM, Charles Bos <charlesbos1 gmail com> wrote:
Hello all,

Apologies if this has been brought up before.

I've noticed that the fallback menu for GNOME applications which have the header bar (like Nautilus for example) don't appear in Flashback (both Metacity and Compiz sessions).

Theoretically, the fallback menu should be visible if an application with the new header bar is run in a non gnome-shell environment. Otherwise, there's no way to access that application's preferences, about dialogue, options etc.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or is it just me?

Yes. This is because we are using org.gnome.Shell for End Session Dialog. Other applications are thinking that we are GNOME Shell. I will try to make patches for gnome-session and gnome-shell so we don't need to use org.gnome.Shell for End Session Dialog.

Regards