Re: [gnome-flashback] Broken parts of GNOME Flashback with GNOME 3.12

Hi,

metacity
--------

1. Incompatibility with gnome-settings-daemon's cursor plugin >= 3.10

Currently the mouse cursor is invisible, because GSD's cursor plugin
expects that the cursor is initialised by the window manager. Related
commit:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-settings-daemon/commit/?id=bef5cd776266873285ee1d1004332fbbc3ec1b91

I guess we need something from the MetaCursorTracker code in mutter,
but I'm not sure:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/mutter/log/?qt=grep&q=MetaCursorTracker

You might be right. I am thinking that it might have something to do with MetaIdleMontitor too. But it is not going to be added to metacity, but to gnome-flashback module.

My idea is simple - if something is removed and/or moved to mutter or gnome-shell then we add it to gnome-flashback module. I don't want to make metacity to became very similar to mutter.

I have updated gnome-flashback module. It still needs some extra work, but idle-monitor should work. After logging in session mouse cursor will be hidden by gnome-settings-daemon's cursor plugin. Cursor will show after first mouse movement and/or mouse button click.