Re: [gnome-flashback] gnome-panel and Gtk Inspector

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Antonio Ospite <ao2 ao2 it> wrote:
Hi,

when I run gnome panel in the interactive debug mode, I cannot see the
object hierarchy in Gtk Inspector:

This is my command line:
   GTK_DEBUG=interactive gnome-panel --replace

I am on Debian sid:
        gnome-panel 3.8.1-6
        gnome-flashback 3.10.0-1
        gtk+3.0  3.14.3-1

I also tried with gnome-panel from the git repository, branch
wip/gnome-3.10+ with no luck.

I seem to recall that this used to work some times ago.

Any idea?

No. I think this is question for GTK developers. Maybe it has something to do with GtkPlug/GtkSocket, but not sure.

You don't need to start gnome-panel that way to get inspector. Open applications menu and then press Ctrl+Shift+I. At least in this way I see object hierarchy.