Re: [gnome-flashback] Automount manager

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 8:43 PM, Balló György <ballogyor gmail com> wrote:
>> I attached a patch for gnome-flashback that provides automount and
>> autorun functionality for removable media. It was previously in
>> gnome-settings-daemon, but removed together with the GNOME fallback
>> mode:
>>
>> https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-settings-daemon/commit/?id=77a29fde9204a80ad3960fc6d50a733261fbfbfe
>
> Hi,
>
> How can I test it so I know that this is really working. Also could you
> remove whitespaces?

Just insert a removable media. E.g.
- Attach an USB key or other storage device
- Insert a blank CD/DVD
- Insert a data or video CD/DVD

USB Flash for some reason goes to wrong seat so I can not use it to test. I will try with other CD.

Expected result:
- The media is mounted automatically.
- A dialog shown to choose the action (e.g. open file manager, play DVD video).

I tried one CD, it was automounted with and without patch. Did not get any dialog in both cases.

What did you mean under whitespaces?

Try to apply your patch with git am ..., you will get warnings about whitespeces. Please clean them up.

Also I would like that you update commit message. Add at least link to bug that is related to removing automount from gsd and direct link to that commit too. Just to make clear that it is same code.