Re: [gnome-flashback] Header bars fallback menus in Flashback

Yes. This is because we are using org.gnome.Shell for End Session Dialog.
Other applications are thinking that we are GNOME Shell. I will try to make
patches for gnome-session and gnome-shell so we don't need to use
org.gnome.Shell for End Session Dialog.

It appears that GNOME developers are not really interested in
supporting sessions without GNOME Shell, but we can make a workaround:

$ gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings overrides
"{'Gtk/ShellShowsAppMenu': <0>}"

It disables the Application menu, so fallback menus become visible.
It's possible set this setting on login, even set xsettings directly
from the gnome-flashback binary without touching the settings of
gnome-settings-daemon.

--
György Balló
Arch Linux Trusted User