[gnome-flashback] Gnome Flashback goals and relation with Gnome.

Hi,

I am a FreeNX packager for Ubuntu.

Right now I an using Ubuntu Precise + FreeNX + Gnome Fallback.

Since last week I am taking a look at upgrading path from Precise to Trusty,
but gnome-fallback was replaced by gnome-flashback.

First problem:
gnome-session (gnome-session-check-accelerated) verifies some X features
and fails when don’t find them.
FreeNX (nxagent) don’t have composite and it’s a blocker right now.

Second problem:
Ignoring the checker, it starts, but after some time the X server just fails.

Starting gnome-panel and metacity alone works, but gnome-settings-daemon
seems the problem.

So the question is:
What is the Flashback relation with official Gnome projects like gnome-session
and gnome-settings-daemon?

It’s a goal or is there any interest in supporting no composite X servers like
FreeNX, Xvnc, Xrdp?

Thanks.

--
Marcelo Boveto Shima