Re: [gnome-flashback] Theme problem with panel handles?

Hi,

I would say it is not a bug as gtk_render_handle is used to draw handles. See - https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.7/GtkStyleContext.html#gtk-render-handle. It is made to work like that.

Your are lucky if it can be styled. I think not, but I am not sure about it. Otherwise it requires some work to make it theme-able. Chances that rewrite is going to happen is almost near to zero.

But It should not be to hard to do:
1) Add GtkWidget in place where handles should be.
2) Add class for widget. For example - gnome-panel-handle.
3) Update themes with handle styling. For example:
PanelToplevel .gnome-panel-handle {
    background-color: #000000;
}
4) Probably default styling should be added in gnome-panel itself so it works without updates themes too.

This is what I would probably do to fix this. I might try to prepare patch for ubuntu, but I won't promise it.