Re: [gnome-flashback] Regressions from previous gnome-panel releases

I'm forwarding a message from someone that is trying to post to the list about this topic, but for some reason isn't able to.

He filed the bug report that Alberts asked:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-panel/+bug/1267787

Lance, maybe you need to subscribe to the list before you're able to send messages:

Dmitry, thanks for the backported version, it did solve the resolution changing issue. And of course thank you Alberts for fixing that!

Cheers,
Alkis

Στις 10/01/2014 01:21 μμ, ο/η Lance έγραψε:
> I've been following the flashback mailing list but all of my posts
> still get stalled "waiting for admin approval" but here's a bug
> that's related to your recent comments:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-panel/+bug/1267787
>
> Apologies for the PM :^(
>
> Lance

Στις 10/01/2014 12:09 πμ, ο/η Alberts Muktupāvels έγραψε:
    1) The Applications menu is now a mess. Applications that were
    previously in the Accessories menu now appear in Accessories,
    Utilities, Sundry and Other. The System Settings submenu was moved
    under Applications instead of System Tools. Etc etc, the changes
    don't make much sense except maybe only for gnome-shell.
    Is it possible to somehow ship/use the previous version of
    /etc/xdg/menus/gnome-applications.menu ?

Can you fill bug for this? I agree with you, I don't like new menu too...

1) Lets ship old applications.menu with gnome-panel. This is simple, I
already can upload patch for this. I added applications.menu from
gnome-menus 3.4.0. In this case ubuntu should make new patch to add
Software center to applications menu.

2) Install old applications.menu file only in ubuntu. I can create merge
proposal for this if needed, but I would prefer first solution.