Re: [gnome-flashback] OT: ANNOUNCE: gnome-panel and gnome-flashback-session 3.8.0 release

On 26/09/2013 10:30, Michael Steenbeek wrote:
I would say that, for projects with (unsurprisingly) very similar code
and a very similar scope, good cooperation only makes sense. As for the
usage of Gnome 3 technologies, MATE has moved to GSettings and work is
currently underway (the bulk of which is done by László Boros) to allow
MATE to be compiled in GTK+ 3, while maintaining compatibility with GTK+
2. This also applies to the window manager Marco (forked from Metacity).
Perhaps, but this is speculation, Metacity and Marco will be so similar
that merging them will be better than maintaining them as separate
projects.
(Views on this from the MATE devs would be nice.)

That would be nice, I doubt that much of Metacity would need to be merged, afaik no one currently wants to maintain it so it would be really great to have a drop-in replacement that's maintained.

-Jonathan