Re: [gnome-flashback] OT: ANNOUNCE: gnome-panel and gnome-flashback-session 3.8.0 release

(Just to clarify, these are my own opinions, which might not be completely the same as those of the MATE devs. I'm a moderator on the forums and a translator.)

I would say that, for projects with (unsurprisingly) very similar code and a very similar scope, good cooperation only makes sense. As for the usage of Gnome 3 technologies, MATE has moved to GSettings and work is currently underway (the bulk of which is done by László Boros) to allow MATE to be compiled in GTK+ 3, while maintaining compatibility with GTK+ 2. This also applies to the window manager Marco (forked from Metacity). Perhaps, but this is speculation, Metacity and Marco will be so similar that merging them will be better than maintaining them as separate projects.
(Views on this from the MATE devs would be nice.)

Kind regards,
Michael Steenbeek