Re: [gnome-flashback] GNOME Flashback with GNOME 3.10

Hi Balló,

Am 29.09.2013 08:49, schrieb Balló György:
I tested GNOME Flashback with GNOME 3.10 on Arch Linux, and I found
the following new problems:

I think you are the first one that really tests against Gnome 3.10,
thank you.

I expect these kinds of problems to crop up more and more as Gnome
development progresses, so it'll be good to have a list of what went
missing in each gnome release.

We have the "master" branch open for work on Gnome 3.10.

1. The mouse cursor is no longer visible, possibly related to this
change in gnome-settings-daemon (workaround is to disable GSD's cursor
plugin):
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-settings-daemon/commit/?id=30584577f142199003c22c51851aec0058998d53
As that's interesting. Where does it not show ? Only on the panel ?
I basically expect a number of g-s-d modules to disappear on us, and us
needing to ship them instead.
But this here might be g-s-d _gaining_ new functionality, which breaks
things.

2. No longer possible to shutdown or logout, because the corresponding
dialogs were dropped from gnome-session by this commit:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-session/commit/?id=705699b2799a3434d1a8f35c9a92868a5057f73e
That's a no-brainer, we could move this into a new g-s-d module, but
it'll be way easier to just add it to gnome-panel. We might need to
expose a new DBus method ?

3. Panel menus are displayed as black text with black outline/shadow,
therefore it's hard to read/ugly.
Hmm, not sure what causes this. Is your g-s-d still setting X properties
for GtkSettings ? Could you send a screnshot (with and without a set
panel background color) so I can get a better mental picture ?

GNOME 3.10 will be moved soon into our stable repositories on Arch
Linux, so I will have to drop gnome-panel package if these problems
are not fixed before that.
Yeah, would be a shame to loose all arch as distributor of gnome-panel.
But of course, ultimately you need to decide what user experience you
want to offer to your users.

Could someone help me to fix these issues?
We're happy to help and review / test stuff, though as always, everybody
is pressed for time. But I strongly suspect that you are not alone in
wanting to support the Gnome 3.10 stack.

Cheers
  Philipp

--
Philipp Kaluza