Re: [gnome-flashback] Applets

Hi Sebastian,

Am 24.10.2013 10:31, schrieb Lanoxx:
Hi,

On 11/10/13 17:27, Stefano Karapetsas wrote:
I am not sure if DBUS will use
/opt/gnome-panel-3.8/share/dbus-1/services. For a fast debug, you
could replace the file in /usr/share/dbus-1/services and reload DBUS
configuration.
I just tried this and it works. Any suggestion on how I can achieve a
permanent solution that doesnt require me to replace files in /usr?

Check the source-code of dbus, if there is a way to configure dbus to
load from other dirs than the one defined at compile-time.

But probably you'll need to compile your own dbus with --prefix=
/opt/gnome-panel-3.8 , and make sure that one gets started for your
flashback session, if you want it to launch services from there.

That's why in the gnome world we have jhbuild for a complete build into
one prefix, because integration between different components breaks down
very quickly if try to use components from different prefixes.

Cheers
  Philipp

--
Philipp Kaluza