Re: [gnome-flashback] Applets

Hi Stefano,
On 11/10/13 17:16, Stefano Karapetsas wrote:
Hi Sebastian,

On 2013-10-11 17:13, Lanoxx wrote:
Hi Philipp,

compiling and running gnome-panel works fine so far, as you can see
from the patches I have posted already. I have one question though. It
is currently not possible for me to add the clock applet to
gnome-panel. Everytime I add it, nothing happens (I tried several
times). Then when I kill the current gnome-panel that I installed to
/opt, and start my normal system gnome-panel again. I find that it now
has multiple clock applets (one for each time I tried to add it while
the version from /opt was running. This phenomen seems to only happen
with clock applet, but with other applets (e.g. user menu,
notification bar, fish).

Do you have any idea what could be the reason for this? Maybe a bug in
the clock applet?

Applets are started by DBUS. Check if the DBUS service file of that applet is pointing to /opt/ or to default location.
I am starting gnome-panel with:
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/gnome-panel-3.8/share:/usr/local/share:/usr/share gdb /opt/gnome-panel-3.8/bin/gnome-panel
Then in gdb I type: run --replace
But if I start without gdb I have the same effect. In /opt/gnome-panel-3.8/share/dbus-1/services I have a file org.gnome.panel.applet.ClockAppletFactory.service for the clock applet, the exec parameter in that file is set to:
Exec=/opt/gnome-panel-3.8/libexec/clock-applet

Cheers,
Stefano