Re: [gnome-flashback] The case for other WMs (was: Re: [gnome-panel] Pass --session-name from desktop files.)

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Philipp Kaluza <floss ghostroute eu> wrote:
Is anybody here interested in supporting other WMs except
metacity/mutter ? If so, please speak up now, and make the case for
supporting other WMs.

I personally use Metacity, but I am interested in reducing the Ubuntu
delta, that's why I proposed to add these sessions upstream.

Otherwise, we should make it perfectly clear to downstreams that it is
not OK to ship a "Gnome Flashback (Compiz)" - the Gnome Flashback name
is specifically reserved for a replacement for the old fallback mode.
Let them name it "Gnome + Compiz" or whatever.

I am happy to use any name that we agree on. Last time when I proposed
"GNOME Flashback (with $WM)" scheme, nobody argued against that
(though it was discovered that this string is too long for some DMs).