Re: [gnome-flashback] flashback background

at bottom :-

On 12/3/13, Alberts Muktupāvels <alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:
Hi!

Have anyone thought about solution for background drawing?

My idea is to create new project - gnome-background, application for
background drawing only. I have created initial version, but it requires
more work. Should I continue or someone have better idea?

I started with nautilus 3.6 source code. Idea is to remove all needless
code leaving only background drawing. I have removed most needless code
already and renamed to gnome-background.

After some tests:
1) With Metacity. Does not work good if nautilus handles desktop (draws
icons). Nautilus desktop background is black not transparent so background
from new application is not visible.
2) With Compiz. Seems to work good with and without nautilus as handling
desktop.
3) With Mutter. Seems to work too.

Have any ideas and / or suggestions? I can upload code with version i
currently have if someone wants to test it.

Hi all,
Any response to this would be good. I'm on Debian (testing) and
without background it's not so pleasant. It's not the end of the world
but it doesn't look pretty. My poison is metacity though. Another
thing, we are using nautilus 3.8 here.

$ apt-show-versions -a nautilus
nautilus:amd64 3.8.2-2 install ok installed
nautilus:amd64 3.8.2-2  testing      debian.ec.as6453.net
nautilus:amd64 3.8.2-2  unstable     debian.ec.as6453.net
nautilus:amd64 3.10.0-1 experimental debian.ec.as6453.net
nautilus:amd64/testing 3.8.2-2 uptodate

Till l8er.
--
          Regards,