[gnome-flashback] Building Flashback with jhbuild

Hello Flashback users,

I was trying to build flashback yesterday with jhbuild, but I ran into a few problems. If anyone has experience with building the flashback components please let me know.

1. I set the moduleset to 'gnome-world-3.10'
2. I checked out the latest version of jhbuild from git, followed by ./autogen.sh, make, make install
3. I ran sanitycheck and bootstrap which printed no errors
4. I ran jhbuild build meta-gnome-flashback, which told me the following:

Required packages:
  System installed packages which are too old:
    libcanberra (libcanberra.pc, required=0.30, installed=0.29)
  No matching system package installed:
    python2-devel (python2.pc, required=2.5)
    libicu (icu-i18n.pc, required=4)
jhbuild build: Required system dependencies not installed. Install using the command 'jhbuild sysdeps --install' or to ignore system dependencies use command-line option --nodeps

I verified that python2.pc is actually available and python2.7 is installed.

If I use the --nodeps option, then jhbuild fails when building cairo. What confuses me is that the source code for the gnome-panel and metacity has not changed significantly in the recent month, and I am running Ubuntu 12.10 which is fairly recent, so why do I need newer versions of the packages above? Also why is jhbuild trying to build over 50 packages for the meta-gnome-flashback module?

I would really like to help testing flashback and maybe helpout with patches but so far, each time I tried to build it, jhbuild gave me a hard time.

Kind Regards
Lanoxx