Re: Status of help.gnome.org and Pintail

Il giorno mer 26 mag 2021 alle 10:45:41 -0400, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> ha scritto:
Here is a current preview:

https://people.gnome.org/~shaunm/help.gnome.org/

Very nice!

Things remaining to do:

* There's no site search right now, but this is something Pintail is
designed to support (and support really well). The existing search
plugin uses Elasticsearch, which is problematic. We need a new plugin
based on OpenSearch, Apache Solr, or something else. I mostly know how
to do this, but I'm having a hard time finding the bandwidth. We can
launch without this, but I'd be sad.

I would suggest to launch it asap!
Search can be added later. The navigation helps a lot and I don't miss the search too much. I know I can use Yelp to search.

The user manual of some apps, like Geary, are not available on help.gnome.org. I can't remember the reason now, but I think it happened when switching to Meson. It would be great to have them again, since we can point new users to specific pages of the documentation.