Re: Revamping gnome-help style

On Tue, 2021-06-29 at 00:11 +0200, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
Hi Shaun,

I have just updated gnome-help for Debian/Ubuntu to GNOME 40.1, but
the
new tile-*.svg icons don't show up anywhere. That made me suspect
that I
had missed something, such as some build or runtime dependency.

But then I noticed this:

On 2021-02-10 21:30, Shaun McCance wrote:
* Use a new experimental icon tile presentation for the front page
of
gnome-help (and possibly other prominent guide pages). I've named
the
style in yelp-xsl "experimental-gnome-tiles" to really drive home
that
this is experimental and I don't want other docs to use it. I want
be able to iterate on it quickly without worrying about how many
docs
I'm affecting.

Does it mean that they are hidden intentionally unless you enable
them
explicitly somehow?

Hi Gunnar,

No, there's no secret switch or anything to turn on that style. I just
put "experimental" in the style name so that anybody using it knows
they're not using a stable feature.

I don't know why the tiles wouldn't be showing up. Are you processing
the docs with yelp-xsl 40? When you look at the index page, are the
links rendered as boxes with blue bars with the icon missing? Or are
they just regular links?

--
Shaun