GNOME Documentation Style Guide [was: New developer.gnome.org!]

Emmanuele Bassi via gnome-doc-list:

I've just announced the new version of the developer.gnome.org
<http://developer.gnome.org> website:

Hi, sajolida from Tails here.

Sorry I'm probably very late to the dance but I now see that the former
GNOME Documentation Style Guide disappeared from the new
developer.gnome.org:

https://developer.gnome.org/gdp-style-guide/

We used it as a reference for our documentation work at Tails:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/documentation/guidelines/

Are there any plans to put it back online? Update it?

It wasn't updated to GNOME 3 but we still found the content relevant and
useful. It was a big source of inspiration for me when I started writing
documentation for Tails 10 years ago :)

I guess that it could also be useful as a terminology reference for
people developing GNOME apps. Good terminology and clear writing is such
an important part of UX design and GUIs as well!

I couldn't find the previous page on archive.org but I might still have
a copy somewhere in a backup, if that helps.

Nowadays, Write the Docs has good guidelines for good doc writing in
general:

https://www.writethedocs.org/guide/

Other good non-free guides and glossaries are also online now, like the
Microsoft and Google style guides:

https://developers.google.com/style
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/style-guide/welcome/

But I think it would still make sense, and improve the overall UX of
GNOME, to have writing resources specific to GNOME.

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/