Cleaning up our wiki

Today during the standup, I started an audit of the DocumentionProject
wiki space on wiki.gnome.org. There's a bunch of old stuff in there,
and it's confusing to people trying to join.

I immediately had the issue of where to do the audit. If I put it in
the wiki, then I'd be adding to the cruft I'm trying to clean. I ended
up using a Google Docs spreadsheet. Sorry. I've attached a tsv export
of the data I collected.

A lot of the pages are planning pages for things we maybe worked on at
some time. Either we finished these things, or we abandoned them, or
maybe sometimes they're ongoing. But maintaining them as wiki pages is
just not sustainable.

I propose we follow the path of the design team and some other teams in
GNOME by creating a group for our team on GitLab. We could then have a
project under this group called "Initiatives" or "Projects". We'd do
these sort of project plans as issues, which you can totally edit as
sort of planning docs. And when we're done, we close them.

For example, here's a similar setup for the design team:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Design/initiatives/-/issues

Yay or nay?

--
Shaun

PagePathCategory?Footer?Comments
DocumentationProjectyesyes
DocumentationProject/Community/noyes
DocumentationProject/Contact/yesyes (at the top)
DocumentationProject/Contributing/yesyes
DocumentationProject/Contributing/SubmittingPatches
DocumentationProject/DeveloperGuidesyesyes
DocumentationProject/Documentsyesyes
DocumentationProject/FirstPatchyesyes
DocumentationProject/Goals216yesyes
DocumentationProject/GtkDocyesyes
DocumentationProject/GtkDocFutureyesyes
DocumentationProject/Guide/nono
DocumentationProject/Guide/Convert/Guidenono
DocumentationProject/Guide/DesktopHelp/Guideyesyes
DocumentationProject/Guide/LanguageStyle/Guidenono
DocumentationProject/Guide/Licensing/Guidenoyes
DocumentationProject/Guide/Makefile/Guidenono
DocumentationProject/Guide/Mallard style hints/Guidenono
DocumentationProject/Guide/Pre-commit/Guidenono
DocumentationProject/Guide/Relicensing/Guidenono
DocumentationProject/Guide/Screenshots/Guidenono
DocumentationProject/Guide/StatusTracking/Guidenono
DocumentationProject/Guide/Translations/Guidenoyes
DocumentationProject/Guide/Website/Guidenoyes
DocumentationProject/Guide/XInclude/Guidenono
DocumentationProject/Hackfests/Communitynoyes
DocumentationProject/IdealDeveloperDocumentationyesyes
DocumentationProject/Joinyesyes
DocumentationProject/Meeting20080203noneyesno
DocumentationProject/Planning/noyes
DocumentationProject/Planning/BansheePlanning/Planningnoyes
DocumentationProject/Planning/RhythmboxPlanning/Planningnoyes
DocumentationProject/Surveys/Planningnoyes
DocumentationProject/Tasks/yesyes
DocumentationProject/Tasks/ApplicationHelp/Tasksyesyes
DocumentationProject/Tasks/DesktopHelp/Tasksyesyes
DocumentationProject/Tasks/DeveloperDocs/Tasksnono
DocumentationProject/Tasks/DeveloperDocs/BeginnerTutorials???yesyes
DocumentationProject/Tasks/ReleaseSchedule/Planningnono
DocumentationProject/Tasks/SysAdminGuide/Tasksnono
DocumentationProject/Teamyesyes
DocumentationProject/TipsAndTricksyesyes
DocumentationProject/TopicTypes/Planningnoyes
DocumentationProject/YelpLinksyesyes
DocumentationProjectPoliciesyesyes
Projects/GnomeDocUtilsyesyes
Apps/Yelp/ConsistentDocsyesyes