Re: Status of gnome-getting-started-docs

On Wed, 2020-10-07 at 16:07 +0200, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
Hi!

I see no 3.38 release of gnome-getting-started-docs. Should it be
considered obsolete?

I'm asking because so far we have shipped gnome-getting-started-docs
by
default in Ubuntu. Maybe it's time to stop doing so.

Gunnar prodded me in the docs standup, so I took a look thru these
pages. They are still surprisingly current. Even the animations and
other illustrations still work. Since they're wireframes, they don't
date as easily as we change aspects of the look and feel. Also, Petr
did do some updates for 3.36.

HELP WANTED: I have 3.36 in front of me right now. If you have 3.38 and
are looking for a quick contribution, review the small handful of pages
in this package to see if they're still correct. File an issue or reply
on list. Note that there are conditionalized instructions for classic
mode and for distros with different default browsers.

I will make a 3.38 release, probably this weekend.

At some point, we should have a larger conversation about whether to
just pull some of the illustrative content into gnome-user-docs, and
whether we want to continue having locally installed videos.

--
Shaun