Application for Google Season of Docs

Hello,

This year GNOME will apply again to be part of the "Season of Docs" Project
(https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs).
The goal of the project is to give technical writers an opportunity to work on and contribute to open source projects. For three months, technical writers and their mentors will work together to build a documentation set, improve information architecture, or develop a tutorial.

Last year we applied with these 3 projects: GNOME Help, GTK Documentation and Set up Pintail on help.gnome.org (https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreach/SeasonofDocs) but we didn't get accepted .
This year we are planning to apply again for GNOME help and GTK documentation as there has been progress with the last of these.

We are looking for contributors who would like to become mentors for the duration of the program.
If you are interested in knowing what the mentors responsibilities are, here is the mentor guide: https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/mentor-guide

If you are interested, please get in touch with me so we can get started with the project.

The submissions will open on 13th of April, but the sooner you can let us know, the better.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions.

Kristi