Re: Launching Settings

Hi Hannie,

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 6:16 AM, Hannie Dumoleyn <lafeber-dumoleyn2 zonnet nl> wrote:

Which distro do you use?

Mostly Fedora. I have others around for reference.

I use Ubuntu. If I follow the above instructions, under Settings I get Network (first) and wifi (second). I can choose to go the the Network panel or wifi panel, depending on what I want to configure. Is this different in your distro?

In Fedora Atomic I see Network and Wi-Fi as the second and third hits after System Monitor. Since you get a similar result on Ubuntu, it's probably safe to leave things the way they are, except to "Click Network" or "Click Wi-Fi" accordingly.

Of course one can also launch Settings from the system menu. In my case, all I have to do is click the Settings button.

 I launch it from the system menu because it's the fewest steps for me. It's harder to describe in a translatable manner, though.

Another method is to add the Settings icon to the Dock, if it is not there already. It might be useful to add a separate item to Help, explaining the different ways in which one can open Settings.

This is covered in general terms in shell-apps-open.page. Maybe it would be appropriate to add a recurring link to it, the way Activities is a link now.

Mike