Re: HTML build: Howto append language to internal link URLs

On Tue, 2018-02-20 at 16:58 +0100, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
On 2018-02-20 16:10, Shaun McCance wrote:
Are this kind of available parameters documented anywhere?

Right here:

http://yelp.io/xsl/parameters.html

Every parameter has docs. Whether the docs for any given parameter
are
actually any good is another question. Please complain about
anything
you don't understand so I can make the docs better.

Thanks Shaun, much appreciated!

Well, not exactly a complaint, but... Currently we are reconsidering
few details with respect to the HTML version of Ubuntu's desktop
guide,
which is Mallard just as GNOME Help. Probably we want to do
something
similar with Ubuntu's server guide later whose markup language is
DocBook. Is there some DocBook equivalent to mal.link.extension? I
don't
see it when looking at <http://yelp.io/xsl/parameters.html>.

http://yelp.io/xsl/db.chunk.extension.html

The parameters around this stuff kind of grew organically, from before
Mallard was even around, and from before there was a unified HTML
output for multiple formats. So it's a bit fragmented. In a happier
world, we'd just have html.link.extension instead of format-specific
parameters. Sorry.

(Also, the docs on that DocBook parameter are awful, and probably
predate html.extension even existing. Sorry again.)

By the way, in case people are interested in using Pintail to build
their docs sites, it handles all these link parameters for you.