Re: HTML build: Howto append language to internal link URLs

Petr Kovar wrote:
Adding Fred who maintains the help.gnome.org site, he might know more.

Thanks Petr.

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 21:12:15 +0100
Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj ubuntu com> wrote:

A HTML build of the Mallard pages are published at
<https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/>, similar to
<https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/>. However, there is one
important detail which differs: The URLs of the internal links on the
GNOME site include a language suffix. For instance, while the link at
the index page to "Your desktop" looks like this on GNOME:

it looks like this on Ubuntu:

i.e. we don't have the ".en" (or ".fr" or ".de" etc.) suffix.

So I have a simple question: How do you do that?

library-web adjust some parameters; this change comes from:

  <xsl:param name="mal.link.extension" select="concat('.html.',$libgo.lang)"/>

($libgo.lang contains the language being generated)

This is from https://git.gnome.org/browse/library-web/tree/data/xslt/mal2html.xsl

Hope it helps,

        Fred