Re: Intent to drop mouseover links

Hi Shaun,

On 2017-03-24 19:57, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
wrote:
I want to break mouseover links.
Style hints and experimental namespaces have no stability
guarantee. The web site even says stuff like "Do not use it unless
you are tracking Yelp development closely."

Speak up if you want this links style to stay.

The mouseover images are still used by Ubuntu's Desktop Help:

https://help.ubuntu.com/17.04/ubuntu-help/

Personally I'd prefer the feature to stay. As Jeremy said we use it for the Ubuntu desktop guide, and I think it allows for a pleasant entry page.

If you still think it should be dropped, can you please consider to deprecate if for a few years so we don't need to go back and change things for previous releases.

Thanks!

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj