Re: Recipes documentation questions

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Petr Kovar <pmkovar gnome org> wrote:
> https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/printing.html.en

I'd expect https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/printing.html
to do the right thing based on your browser's language settings.

Jeremy,

I'd expect that as well, but FYI this won't work properly at least for my native language, Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR). I think BGO#617365 is related to this issue.

"help.gnome.org" e "developer.gnome.org" pages in Google Chrome and Firefox will show English version (which shouldn't happen), unless ".pt_BR is appended to the URL. Web (epiphany) is OK, though. Yes, all my browsers are set to pt_BR as main language, and their UI is pt_BR as well.

Even though appending ".pt_BR to the URL will give me pt_BR page in all browsers, It will go back to English when I click in any link for any other page.
https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/printing.html.pt_BR

However, to what concerns Recipes documentation, I believe that allowing the translator to change this URL (appending the language code) would be valid workaround to this problem.

Best Regards,
Rafael Fontenelle