Re: gedit-help translation problem

On 24.09.14 13:20, Daniel Mustieles García wrote:
Hi Nazariy,

.MO files under LC_MESSAGES are only valid for GUI, not for help. When you translate gedit's help, you put the po file in the help/uk/uk.po, but you don't need to generate the .mo file. When compiling the module, the .page files containing the strings are translated and placed under help/uk/ folder, and then you can read them in your language.

To view help files in your language, you could compile the entire module or just the help files, to get the translated version of them. I'm not sure about how to only build the help files, but maybe someone in the list could help you with it.

Best regards

Hi all!

I am sorry for disturbing you. I hope maybe you will help me. I'm currently translating gedit documentation into Ukrainian. I downloaded the .po file "gedit-help.gnome-3-10.uk.po", translated it and saved it. After I got .mo file, I put it into “/usr/share/locale/uk/LC_MESSAGES”, but that didn't help. The help guide remained in English. Changing the name of the file to "gedit-help.mo" didn't help too. What have I done wrong?

P.S.: My gedit version is 3.10.4; my Gnome version is 3.9.90; my OS is Ubuntu 14.04.

Thank you all for any help!