Re: Next (winter) docs hackfest?

On 29/09/2014, Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com> wrote:
Hi all

Last year, we had our "winter" hackfest in Norwich, UK, in the week
leading up to FOSDEM. I remember that there was some interest in
proposing new locations, and the venue at Norwich is also available
again.

I think that it would make most sense to do something similar in terms
of timing again, unless someone objects. That would make the hackfest
dates sometime around 24th-29th of January.

I don't think that the Foundation would be able to sponsor the
hackfest, so I would like you all to think about whether you would be
able to attend without sponsorship and where would  the best location
for the hackfest be.

As you may have already seen from my email to foundation-list, there
is now funding available for sponsorship. I have created a wiki page,
it would be grand if you could all coordinate attendance plans:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Hackfests/WinterDocs2015

I would like to offer Norwich again, the features are:
- free venue at UEA (University of East Anglia) with reasonable internet
access
- we can offer at least 8 free sleeping places (possibly more
depending on how cosy you want to get and how many favours we can call
in)
- other accommodation is available for £25-50 (depending on location
and single/double rooms)

Correction: up to £74 for a double room. I think Shaun and Phil can
highly recommend Pine Lodge which has two double rooms available. If
you would like to stay there, please let me know as soon as possible
because those rooms get booked well in advance.

- cheapest airport is Stansted, but Norwich is very close
- transport to Heathrow/Gatwick is easy (but a bit pricey)
- it is possible to take the train from western Europe

If anyone else is willing to propose a location, please do so as soon
as possible because cheap flight and train tickets are already being
sold for those dates.

Kat