Update from the GNOME Docs hackfest in Cincinnati (2014 version)

Hi Docs Team,

A brief update from Cincinnati, where we've been together to work on the
Sysadmin Guide.  Today we've largely been brainstorming and organizing
our sysadmin-related topics. You can see what we've gotten through thus
far on the wiki [0]. We're also using an Etherpad instance [1] to
collaborate on that info before putting any info up on the wiki.

It's all a work-in-progress, so please feel free to make any comments /
updates. Even if you just have a question like, "What about doing
something this way?" or "Have you thought about this?", we would
appreciate any feedback.*

Also related to the Sysadmin Guide, we'll be back-porting some relevant
topics from the RHEL 7 GNOME Desktop Administration Guide [2].

Aside from the sysadmin guide, we're also working on getting the
"Norwich" style [3] in place (with its first implementation coming in
the Sysadmin Guide), and  implementing header-bar functionality in Yelp.
If anyone wants to play with the new yelp features, you can check out
the WIP branch on GNOME Git [4]. The branch is the 'new-aday-design'
branch.

We've also removed a "read it later" feature from the help browser (note
that we've kept the "bookmarks" feature, though). "Read it Later" let
you save help pages to read later, so it was very similar to a
bookmarking feature. "Read it Later" also wasn't a very easy feature to
find. Given all of that, we decided that it was ok to remove it.

That's the gist of what we've gone through so far. We're really just
focused on the sysadmin guide, and will be working on that a lot while
we're here.

Feel free to join us on IRC or follow-up with any questions on the
mailing list. All are welcome to chime in with questions and ideas.

Jim

[0]
https://wiki.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Tasks/SysAdminGuide#Content_ideas_.28new.29
[1] https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/docs
[2]
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Desktop_Migration_and_Administration_Guide/index.html
[3]
http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/help-me-yet-another-docs-hackfest-blog-post/
[4] git://git.gnome.org/yelp --or--
ssh://USERNAME git gnome org/git/yelp

* I know of two admins who administer GNOME via installations of
Scientific Linux at Fermilab, and we'll be getting feedback from them.
They should be able to provide some really relevant comments!