Re: Doc team related stuff in Bugzilla

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 1:14 AM, Jim Campbell <jcampbell gnome org> wrote:

Someone should start an Aruna and Sindhu visa assistance service.  :(

Such a bummer that you're having trouble with a visa, too!

No doubt I would have, had I applied. For some very fleeitng time UK
had imposed a "visitor's bond" on citizens from "high-risk countries" like
Pakistan, India, Afghanistan and so on traveling on tourist
visa to UK. This was immediately scrapped following the widespread protest
and boo-ing from both citizens and Indian government.[1]

However, the reason behind this move was to curb Indians from migrating to UK
and settling there by marrying a existing UK citizen or worse becoming illegal
immigrants. Since the removal of ridiculous bond, they brought in stricter
checks for visa approval and probably made it a priority to red flag all those
were not black and white cases of tourism or business.

However, I am not attending the hackfest because I am preparing for another
FOSS event where I hope to make a resounding quack about how GNOME does
its documentation and that it's not just prose!

So I am happy to help remotely :)

[1] http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24793092