Re: Feedback from the website

On 01/08/2014, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
On Fri, 2014-08-01 at 16:22 +0200, Ekaterina Gerasimova wrote:
Hi all, Fred has kindly implemented a simple way to collect feedback
from the website by adding a mailto: link to the bottom of every page.
The emails currently go to docs-feedback gnome org which is a mailing
list. Sorry about the couple of emails that went to docs gnome org!

Oh, nice. So I probably should stop to tell everybody by default to file
a ticket in Bugzilla instead. ;)

Mozilla has "Was this page helpful and correct? [yes] / [no]" buttons at
the bottom and a database framework behind. Whenever the "no" percentage
suddenly increases a lot for a certain help page, it's interpreted as a
sign that this help page is incorrect and needs updating.

When I come across these in other places, the answer is usually "no"
because it wasn't what I was looking for at all :)

But I guess GNOME does not have high enough user and pageview numbers
worth to try that...

We had 1.3 million "unique" page views on the docs website over the
last year. I reckon that's probably a good sample size to give it a go
if anyone fancies making it work.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net