Re: wip/system-admin-guide branch

Hi Petr, lets stay on topic for this reply, I will follow with my reply
to the other half shortly.

On 2013-04-21 20:04, Petr Kovar <pmkovar gnome org> wrote:
>Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com>, Thu, 18 Apr 2013 18:08:08
>+0100:
>> On 18 April 2013 16:12, Petr Kovar <pmkovar gnome org> wrote:
>> > For now, we are working on the sysadmin guide in a separate branch
>> > called wip/system-admin-guide. To avoid possible duplication of our
>> > effort in the future, I'd suggest that we all start using the
>> > wip/system-admin-guide branch.
>>
>> Had these two problems not come up, it would have been correct for her to
>> push directly to master, so the branch would not have existed. Aruna
>> followed the process, which is why I told her to push her changes to
>> master.
>>
>I understand that development - in many cases - happens on master. Since
>there is no gnome-3-8 branch and upcoming stable releases will probably be
>released directly from master, I don't feel quite comfortable writing a
>guide, which is under heavy development, on master. This is exactly why I
>proposed working in a wip branch.

The solution to this is simple: Shaun, can you please branch for 3.8?

Once Shaun branches, I will revert all recent changes to the sysadmin
guide on the 3.8 brach which have introduced incorrect instructions so
that they do not make it into the 3.8.2 release, if we have one, as it
is better to have no instructions than incorrect instructions. Does
anyone have any objections?